Voice search is becoming increasingly popular as more people use smart speakers, digital assistants, and mobile devices to search for information. As a result, voice search is having a significant impact on SEO. Here are some ways that voice search is affecting SEO:
1. Changes in keyword research: Voice search queries tend to be longer and more conversational than traditional text-based queries. This means that keyword research needs to be adjusted to capture long-tail and natural language phrases that people use when speaking.
2. Focus on featured snippets: Featured snippets are the boxes of information that appear at the top of the search results. They are important for voice search because digital assistants often read out the featured snippet as the answer to a voice search query. Optimizing for featured snippets can help to increase your visibility in voice search results.
3. Local search optimization: Many voice search queries are related to local businesses and services. This means that local search optimization is becoming increasingly important for businesses that want to be found in voice search results.
4. Emphasis on natural language: Voice search queries are often phrased in natural language, which means that content needs to be written in a conversational tone. This can help to increase the relevance and accuracy of search results for voice queries.
5. Mobile optimization: Voice search is most commonly used on mobile devices, so mobile optimization is essential for businesses that want to be found in voice search results.
In summary, the rise of voice search is changing the way that businesses approach SEO. Optimizing for long-tail, conversational keywords, featured snippets, local search, natural language, and mobile devices can help businesses to improve their visibility in voice search results.